Won't start replaced WIN Module - Dodge Avenger Forum : Dodge Avenger Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Won't start replaced WIN Module

I'm at a loss and have joined this forum. I have a 2010 Dodge Avenger RT. Last year I replaced a battery. It wouldn't start a few times and had to jump start it. I live in AZ, so batteries do not last as long in the heat. It did this a few times. Then about 4 months later, I tried to start it and it turned over and died right away twice. Brought in for service and nothing was found. It did this again a few months later and later in the day it would not start at all. It wouldn't turn over even. The electronic throttle light was on and the security warnings. Had locksmith come out and try and reset, but it the WIN module was toast. Had diagnostics ran again at the dealer and it was determined a new WIN module was needed. So, being in a tight financial situation, we replaced the WIN ourselves. Had it reset and it ran fine for three days. For the past few days it sometimes does the same thing again. It will turn over a few times and die, sometimes not turn at all, and sometimes start and run ok. My check engine light came on it it was something to do with the brake switch. I don't always get warning lights. Sometimes it shows the security light and doesn't and once in the past few days the electronic throttle light remained on for a few seconds after I tried to start it. This has been an ongoing problem that no one seems to be able to solve. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page