doesn't want to start. shutting off while driving - Dodge Avenger Forum : Dodge Avenger Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

doesn't want to start. shutting off while driving

How's it going everyone.. My girlfriend has an 08 avenger 2.4L, it recently had trouble starting, and would not start with the engine start, took the battery to get checked it wasn't holding charge sob replaced it thinking it was all it needed, engine start on the key still does not work and is still shutting off show a little lightning bolt with parenthesis in the mph gauge. Attempting to start it is difficult just have to let it sit. What could this issue be? What would i need to replace? Any help is much appreciated ill be working on it later today so ill update as it goes. Thanks for the help. Hopefully y'all can help me get this issue fixed today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 11:51 AM

Did you ever find a fix for this. My car does the same thing. I finally replaced my battery and then a few months later it would turn over and die several times before starting. Then one day it would not start at all. Had the electronic throttle warning as you and the security warning. Dodge said to replace the WIN module. Did that and had the keys reprogrammed to it etc. Three days later doing the same thing all over again...ugh! Seems to be an issue after searching the internet, but no one ever posts if they got the issue resolved and what they did to fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page