Popping in front end while going slow and steering vibration between 55-65 - Dodge Avenger Forum : Dodge Avenger Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Popping in front end while going slow and steering vibration between 55-65

Hi brand new here, first problem I've had with this car. It's an 08 sxt with 88xxx. When going slow there is a popping sound in the front drivers side, particularly when the weight shifts. When going hwy speed 50-70 there is terrible vibration in the steering wheel (visible shaking). It feels like the drivers side tire is shaking but it doesnt affect steering. It seems to be worse be banking to the right and all the weight is on the drivers side. I had the local Firestone shop check it out and they said everything was fine. I have been underneath it and can't see anything wrong
Any suggestions would be helpful. Shocks? A-arm bushings? Control arm?

Thanks
Mighty tree
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-14-2013, 09:26 AM

I have the same issue with our '09 SXT. At first I thought it was the sway bar links because I had a similar problem with a Ford Taurus, but that's not the case on my wife's Avenger. The ball joints and tie rod ends all seem to be nice and tight. At this point I'm chalking it up to the worn out struts.

FWIW, my wife's Avenger has made the noise for the last year and it hasn't caused any issues. It's just annoying as ****. I'm going to try replacing the front struts before winter hits. If it makes a difference I'll let you know.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 08:35 PM

going insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShafferNY View Post
I have the same issue with our '09 SXT. At first I thought it was the sway bar links because I had a similar problem with a Ford Taurus, but that's not the case on my wife's Avenger. The ball joints and tie rod ends all seem to be nice and tight. At this point I'm chalking it up to the worn out struts.

FWIW, my wife's Avenger has made the noise for the last year and it hasn't caused any issues. It's just annoying as ****. I'm going to try replacing the front struts before winter hits. If it makes a difference I'll let you know.
I have changed everything but the upper ball joints and I still have a terrible clunking and popping noise in the front end..I'm very unclear what the fix is..sway bar links used to be the fix but I'm just as annoyed by this as you..maybe worse due to the fact that I used to be a dodge technician!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 07:46 PM

My 2011 had popping. It was the struts. The shaking can be caused by warped rotors. I had that too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page