Dodge Avenger rally car unveiled - Dodge Avenger Forum : Dodge Avenger Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Dodge Avenger rally car unveiled

The Dodge Avenger rally car was unveiled recently and this video shows the unveiling going on. The Avenger rallycar is just a Avenger R/T outfitted with everythng it will need to compete in rally races.

I never imagined a Avenger being as cool as this one is, i think i found my inspiration.

Quote:
To celebrate Mopar's tie-up with Magneti Marelli, Dodge has unveiled an Avenger rally car.

Essentially a one-off concept, the car has a Brilliant Black exterior with a massive rear spoiler, a lowered sport suspension (which reduces the ride height by approximately 1.5 inches) and 18-inch alloy wheels with Pirelli P-Zero tires.

Inside, the stripped-out cabin features carbon fiber door panels, a fully programmable instrument cluster, OMP racing seats, an eight-point roll cage, and a fire extinguisher to prevent those unfortunate parade incidents.

Under the hood, power is provided by a 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 that has been outfitted with a cold-air intake and a high performance exhaust system. This enables the engine to produce 300 hp (224 kW / 304 PS) instead of the usual 283 hp (211 kW / 287 PS).

According to Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, "Our companies worked closely together to bring this vehicle to life in a joint build that utilizes proven, quality-tested performance parts and accessories from Mopar and Magneti Marelli. We will gauge reaction to this vehicle and determine which parts will go into production."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 03:57 PM

hard to believe all dodge avenger rally car engine modifications consist of are a cold-air intake system & a high performance exhaust system. Gutting the avenger interior can help it move like the rally car but thats not a practical move for most of us here. I expected some work on the engine, guess not.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 02:07 AM

300HP from a CAI and full exhaust??? Im in! 300hp is very good for a car this size
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page