2013 Dodge Avenger SXT rally editon: transmission problems - Dodge Avenger Forum : Dodge Avenger Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

2013 Dodge Avenger SXT rally editon: transmission problems

hello. I have a 2013 Avenger that I bought 1 year ago. and was loving the car up until a month after I got it. sense then I have nothing but worry about it. After about half a month or a month of getting the car and only driving maybe 700 or 1000 miles the transmission leaked all of its fluids out of the transmission and wouldn't shift out of first gear. I had to drive the car about 10 miles to the dealership where I bought the car to have it fixed. after almost 3 weeks of them dealership having it they told me that there was a gasket malfunction and that there were metal shavings in the transmission. they repaired the transmission and refilled the fluids. well sense then I have had a problem with it, it took it back and told them the problem and they said they could recreate the problem. well i decided to take it to other dealerships (Chrysler/Dodge), have taken two other dealerships, one out of town and another local one. both saying that they couldn't recreate the problem. I have been in contact with Chrysler in the matter and writing a letter to Chrysler/Dodge thinking that this car might be a lemon.

problem: when its hot out (live in the Panhandle of Texas) lets say over 90 to 105 degrees, I will shift the car into drive either from revers or from park ,depending how I park the car, and I have to keep my foot on the break for maybe 5 to 10 seconds longer and the car will jump into drive, almost like someone just hit you from behind.

now I ask has anyone else ever had this kind of issue before? or is this something that is a common problem and I have to deal with it. its only a year old and it worries me that I will have a bunk car until its paid off. I can't afford 7000 dollar transmission.

hope that I have made some kind of sense in this. tend to get way ahead of myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page