2008-2011 Dodge Avenger Service issues. - Dodge Avenger Forum : Dodge Avenger Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

2008-2011 Dodge Avenger Service issues.

I was just wondering if anyone as any huge or a concerning issue with how your avenger is running?

Any-major recalls or service issues as well? Ie transmissions. issues or anything like that as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 11:03 AM

Thumbs up The Avenger is a solid car

As a level 3 Chrysler technician I chose the Avenger as the car to personally purchase. We see very few problems from this platform and they drive beautifully. Our 2012 Avenger SXT Plus has the Pentastar 3.6 V6 engine and is getting about 23mpg around town and 29 on the highway. The engine does torque steer the rack and pinion under very hard acceleration due to the high horsepower of the engine...that's my only complaint. We do see the ocassional warped brake rotor and outer tie rod end needing replacement but no trans or engine issues whatsoever. I highly recommend this car to everyone interested in it...so quiet inside and handles perfectly...not too soft not to stiff.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 12:03 PM

Good description and advise. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-19-2012, 11:06 AM

Hope you're right!

Our's has 250 miles on it and only 72 payments to go. So far, so good.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 03:42 PM

Hi guys, I just got a 2011 Avenger with a dimming mirror. This automatically comes on when you start the car, and even though it has 2 green small lights by the on/off switch, only the one green light comes on and turns off.
I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to have it do the reverse, meaning not automatically turning on but instead only turning on when you click the switch?

2. Why does the one green light come on, what is the other for?

Any answers would be appreciated.
Thx

PS - otherwise I agree with the other poster, car drives well and lots of power in the V6.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Hi guys, I just got a 2011 Avenger with a dimming mirror. This automatically comes on when you start the car, and even though it has 2 green small lights by the on/off switch, only the one green light comes on and turns off.
I have 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to have it do the reverse, meaning not automatically turning on but instead only turning on when you click the switch?

2. Why does the one green light come on, what is the other for?

Any answers would be appreciated.
Thx

PS - otherwise I agree with the other poster, car drives well and lots of power in the V6.
The other light you are talking about is not a light at all I believe it is a sensor for the auto air conditioning
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 09:46 AM

Our 08 R/T , 3.5 / 6 spd auto/man tran has been a total performer. Had to switch out shifter , before the recall was issued. Replaced fuel pump/level sensor assy in 2011, and 3 window motors. One battery replacement in 2011, still running the original brakes/rotors. Getting 28 - 32 mpg depending on terrain and "foot position"!! No complaints whatever at 87K!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 03:59 PM

Hey everyone I have a couple questions about my 08 avenger SE.... I am nearing 80k so I'm wondering if there are any routine flushes or regular maintenance that I should be considering? I use synthetic oil so I do oil changes about every 4-5k miles and it's always full and the oil looks good. I keep my air filter clean and tires pumped and other than that, I have no idea what I should be doing next lol

Any and all suggestions are welcome and I look forward to all your replies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page