99 Avenger ES 2.5L Gas peddle limp - Dodge Avenger Forum : Dodge Avenger Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

99 Avenger ES 2.5L Gas peddle limp

Hey guys, recently I had run into another issue with my avenger. I was going down the road with my family and the entire gas peddle got stuck and continued accelerating. Dangerous, I know. I had to slap the car in neutral and shut her off, continued to coast into drive way.

After this even happened, I restarted my car to find out my entire gas peddle is limp, I can push it all the way to the floor and get no response from the motor. If I push really hard I can get a little bit but I only did it once in fear of breaking something.

I was thinking maybe the throttle line had frayed inside the protecting housing and is caught up? Anyone have insight on this or how to fix it? I have bought a new car because I am tired of dumping $$ after $$ into my avenger just to find another problem. I would like to fix this so I can use it from time to time, lord knows I would never sell this to another user and still be able to rest my head at night.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated, and it is a throttle cable system. When the engine was stuck I noticed that my throttle under the hood was stuck open, possibly a tensioner somewhere in the housing that it loops back through and then into the firewall to the peddle?

Idk, confused, looking for help. You guys have always steered me right, and by guys I mean bad_venge haha.

Looking for your 2cents venge as it is always helped in the past.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page