96 Avenger - Not Starting while cold/losing power upon trying to accelerate - Dodge Avenger Forum : Dodge Avenger Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-27-2017, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

96 Avenger - Not Starting while cold/losing power upon trying to accelerate

Hello everyone,
I have a 96 Avenger 2.0 DOHC 4 cyl. Its a manual.

The problem I'm having right now is a car that won't start while its cold, it seems to begin as an issue in the mid-30s'F. Additionally, there were a few times I have been able to get it started and even then accelerating past maybe 2000 rpms would make the vehicle shudder and lose power altogether. I was able to either let it idle until it warmed, or drive it this way carefully until it warmed, and when warm the problem seemed to go away completely. Likewise, on warm days the problem hasn't even occurred - I didnt even see this until November when it got cold enough.

Some other perhaps relevant info:
Today I replaced the Coolant Temperature Sensor, the Intake Air Temperature Sensor, and the Idle Air Control Valve (also a vaccuum line and pvc elbow); I did this based on stuff I've read on this forum and some others.

My battery is 2 weeks old.

I put a MAP sensor in it in September due to a misfire issue I kept having (which coincidentally was happening more often while warm, opposite of my current issue).

I put a new Starter in back in May, it seems to have been doing fine since then.

I think thats all the relevant information I can muster.

If anyone has any ideas or similar scenarios, I would greatly appreciate some help here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page